"We Love To See You Smile!"
Posts for category: Oral Health
Family dentists provide excellent care for every member of your household. The Albany, NJ, family dentists at Rose Dental Associates care for your family's smiles with services and treatments that help you maintain good oral health.
What are the advantages of visiting a family dentist?
Family dental practices offer several important benefits, including:
- Convenience: In some families, mom and dad see the same dentist, grandma has her own dentist, and the kids see a pediatric dentist. If you're the designated dental appointment chauffeur, you've probably become accustomed to driving all over Albany visiting your family's various dentists. When everyone in your home sees the same family dentist, you can schedule group checkups instead and save your paid time off for other things.
- No Need to Ever Switch Dentists: Kids eventually age out of pediatric dental practices and must find new dentists. Unfortunately, finding a new dentist may not be a priority for young adults. If they begin to skip checkups, their oral health may suffer. Family dentists treat patients of all ages and continue to care for your child's teeth throughout his entire life.
- Familiarity: One of the benefits of visiting a family dental practice is the strong relationship you'll develop with your dentist. You'll feel comfortable bringing up both minor and major concerns when you've visited the same dentist for years and have come to know and trust him or her.
- Less Dental Anxiety for Kids: Young children can become a little overwhelmed when visiting dental offices. Family dentists and their staff understand dental fears and strive to make the experience pleasant and stress-free for their youngest patients (or anyone with dental anxiety). Your children may also feel less anxiety when they see you undergoing your exam during a group dental appointment.
- All of the Services You Need: Family dentists receive training in all facets of dentistry and are skilled at treating toddlers through senior citizens. Your family dentist can repair your mother's cracked tooth with a crown and identify growth and development issues in your pre-schooler's jaw. The dentists offer a range of services, including checkups, dental cleanings, fillings, sealants, root canals, crowns, bridges, veneers, teeth whitening, dentures, and dental implants.
Keep your family's smiles bright and healthy with a visit to your Albany, NY, family dentist. Call the dentists at Rose Dental Associates at (518) 456-7673 to schedule an appointment.
Young children, teenagers, adults, and senior adults in your home all have different dental needs, but it can be difficult to choose an individual dentist for each person. You may wonder if it is possible to have one dentist for the whole family. The answer is yes when you go to Rose Dental Associates, a family dentist office in Albany, NY.
The Benefits of One Family Dentist
As is the case with any medical practitioner, you want the family to get comfortable with a common dentist who understands and can treat all of your family’s dental concerns. Also, when you have one family dentist, you may be able to schedule appointments at the same time. This is particularly helpful if you have children who are nervous about going in for cleanings and treatments. You can show them how important it is to be brave when they go to the dentist for regular appointments.
Dental Treatments for the Family
Here are some of the most common dental treatments that may be recommended by your Albany family dentist for you and your loved ones:
- Kids (fluoride treatments, sealants, cavity fillings, and dental emergencies from playing sports)
- Teens (braces, fillings, individual crowns for too-small teeth)
- Adults (dental implants, crowns, veneers, Invisalign, teeth whitening, and root canal therapy for tooth decay)
- Seniors (dentures, bridges, and periodontal gum therapy to keep gum disease at bay)
Set Up a Consultation at Rose Dental Associates
You and your loved ones need a family dentist that you can all count on no matter what dental problems arise. Call (518) 456-7673 today to schedule an appointment at Rose Dental Associates in Albany, NY.
Cavities are a top concern for young children as well as adults, because they can lead to more serious dental problems without proper treatment. Rose Dental Associates, a family dentist office in Albany, NY, specializes in identifying and treating cavities in their early stages. Find out what you need to know about cavities to preserve your dental health.
How Cavities Form
A cavity is a hole in the tooth that forms because of bad bacteria in the mouth. When you consume a lot of sugar, the sweet residue lies on the surface of the tooth and can become food for bacteria that eats away at tooth enamel. Bad bacteria are normally kept at bay with regular brushing, gargling with mouthwash and flossing, but if you don’t prioritize at-home dental care, cavities can develop.
Risks of Cavities
Cavities put patients at risk of tooth pain and possible tooth loss. Children’s teeth are most vulnerable to cavities because they are young and still developing. Children also tend to eat more sugary foods than adults. Untreated tooth decay can have long-term negative effects on a child’s dental health. Keep in mind that while it takes time for a small cavity to develop into advanced tooth decay, it’s not a good idea to wait. Treatment by your Albany family dentist is most effective when it’s administered in the early stages of a cavity.
Getting Treated for Cavities
Having a cavity filled is one of the most basic and common procedures performed at the dentist’s office. First, the dentist clears the tooth of bad bacteria and decayed tissue. The area is cleaned thoroughly to avoid further infection. The tooth is then filled with composite resin (tooth-colored) or amalgam (metal) material for protection. A dental sedative will be administered before this procedure to ensure a comfortable experience.
Get Help Today
If you or your child is having a problem with mild to moderate tooth pain, it could be a cavity. Go to Rose Dental Associates in Albany, NY so that a family dentist can catch it early. Call the office at (518) 456-7673 today.
Properly caring for your teeth involves more than just brushing or flossing. While your oral care routine is an important part of preventing tooth decay and gum disease, your diet plays a large role as well. Drinking sugar-free sodas may seem like a good idea at first glance, but actually has many hidden downfalls. Learn more about how sugar-free sodas affect your teeth with help from your Albany, NY dentist at Rose Dental Associates.
Is sugar-free soda safe for my teeth?
The short answer is no. Just because there is no sugar in your soda does not mean that it does not cause tooth decay. Sugar-free sodas actually cause just as much damage to your teeth as a regular soda. Sugary drinks cause dental erosion, or the wearing down of your teeth’s enamel and tooth decay, the leading cause of tooth loss.
The Effects of Soda on Your Teeth
The acids in soda, even sugar-free varieties, react with the natural bacteria found in your mouth. The bacteria feed on the acids in your mouth, growing and eventually becoming plaque if not knocked away. This makes brushing, flossing and regular dental cleanings particularly important. Additionally, the acids in the soda chip away at your teeth’s enamel, causing dental erosion.
How can I avoid tooth decay and gum disease?
Decay-causing drinks like sodas and fruit juices are very high in acids which erode the enamel of the teeth. If you choose to drink these beverages, try to drink them all at once with a meal rather than sipping them slowly throughout the day and drink them through a straw. This limits the amount of time that the acids are in contact with the teeth. Swish with water after consuming acidic beverages, and be sure to brush your teeth at least twice daily and floss at least once. Finally, see your Albany dentist at least twice a year for regular dental examinations and cleanings.
For more information on the best diet for your teeth, please contact your dentist at Rose Dental Associates in Albany, NY. Call (518) 456-7673 to schedule your regular dental examination and cleaning today!