"We Love To See You Smile!"
Versatile veneers brighten your smile, conceal imperfections, and even change the shape of your teeth. Rose Dental Associates offers veneers at their Albany, NY, office.—read on to learn more!
Veneers Offer a Simple Solution
Veneers are tooth-shaped porcelain shells that are attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. Unlike some cosmetic dentistry restorations, veneers don't require extensive dental work. In fact, preparation is minimal!
Your Albany dentist will simply remove a small amount of tooth enamel from your teeth during the first step in the process. Removing the enamel ensures that your new veneers fit correctly and feel comfortable. Next, your veneers will be constructed from an impression of your teeth in order to create a custom fit. This process takes a couple of weeks and must be done at a lab, but once they come back, your dentist will bond them to your front teeth, and you will be the proud owner of a beautiful new smile!
Veneers Improve Several Smile Issues
Thanks to veneers, minor imperfections that mar your smile are kept out of a view. They're the ideal option if you have a small chip or crack in your tooth, but can also be used to cover bumpy or uneven surfaces. Other uses for veneers include:
- Closing Gaps Between Teeth: Do you have a slight gap between your front teeth? If you feel a little self-conscious about the space between your teeth, it's easy to conceal the gap simply by adding veneers to them. Although veneers are a good solution if you have a slight space between teeth, orthodontic treatment may be a better option for larger ones.
- Fixing Oddly Shaped Teeth: Teeth aren't always uniform in appearance. Unfortunately, even one strangely shaped tooth can distract from your otherwise perfect smile. Veneers transform crooked, pointed, and twisted teeth, creating a more even (and attractive) smile.
- Brightening Your Smile: Teeth whitening has its limitations, and whitened teeth can quickly become stained again if you indulge in coffee, wine, or other darkly pigmented beverages and foods. Veneers are available in many shades of white and are very resistant to stains, making them an excellent choice if you would like a whiter smile.
Interested? Give Us a Call!
Transform your smile with dental veneers! Call Rose Dental Associates' Albany office at (518) 456-7673 to schedule an appointment today!
Have dental stains darkened and dulled your smile? Have over-the-counter teeth whitening products rendered disappointing results? At Rose Dental Associates, your professional dentists and their support staff offer the finest cosmetic dentistry services in Albany. Teeth whitening is one of the most popular treatments available today—could it rejuvenate your smile too?
What happened to your teeth?
They're not as bright and white as they once were. How can that be? You brush, floss, and get your routine cleanings at Rose Dental Associates. Still, you're often hiding your smile when you laugh and smile in public.
Dental stains vary in cause and intensity. The easiest to treat is what dentists and hygienists call extrinsic stains, and they're caused by dark foods, highly-pigmented beverages, and tobacco usage (both cigarettes and smokeless tobacco).
At Rose Dental Associates, your team of four dentists offer in-office teeth whitening treatments. Using highly concentrated hydrogen peroxide gel, these one-hour treatments lift organic matter right out of tooth surfaces before your dentist simply rinses it away.
Do you qualify?
Your dentist at Rose Dental Associates in Albany will examine your teeth and gums first before recommending teeth whitening or any other cosmetic dental treatment. After a complete oral examination, your dentist may advise whitening to brighten your enamel by several shades of color.
The whitening process
It all happens right in the dental chair. Your lips and tongue will be protected with a plastic dam while your dentist applies the bleaching gel to all tooth surfaces. This process is repeated a few times, and after an hour or so, whitening is complete. Afterward, patients are amazed at the dramatic results!
Keeping it bright
Teeth whitening is today's most sought-after aesthetic treatment in dental offices all over the country. This popularity is due to the procedure's fast, spectacular smile improvement and affordable cost.
After treatment, you can keep that fabulous smile white by brushing and flossing daily, getting professional cleanings every six months, limiting staining dietary choices (coffee, tea, curry, soy sauce) and stopping all tobacco usage.
If you're interested in an effective, safe change in your smile aesthetics, why not contact Rose Dental Associates' Albany office today for a cosmetic dentistry consultation? Talk over your goals with your dentist, and together, you can achieve your best smile! Call (518) 456-7673.
Most people think of missing teeth as a cosmetic problem. And while it is true that living with any degree of tooth loss can have a profound effect on your social life, professional prospects, and self esteem, tooth loss can also damage your oral health. The dentists at Rose Dental Associates in Albany, NY, recommend dental implants for healthy adults looking for a comprehensive dental restoration that addresses the cosmetic and oral health issues caused by tooth loss.
Improve Your Smile and Oral Health with Dental Implants in Albany, NY
Dental implants consist of two parts: the implant and the cosmetic crown. In the first step, the dentist will surgically place the implant, a titanium biocompatible screw, in the socket of the missing tooth. The implant eventually fuses to the surrounding bone tissue in the gums through a process known as osseointegration, which secures the implant in place and helps to preserve bone density. Why does this matter? Bone loss is a major component of gum disease, which is still a leading cause of tooth loss according to the American Dental Association (ADA).
After a short healing period, the cosmetic crown is attached to the implant to complete the restoration. An implant can be used to replace a single tooth, or to support an entire set of dentures with just a few implants. Once in place they look, function and feel just like a natural tooth. Like natural teeth, implants require consistent oral hygiene and follow up dental care. With proper care, implants have a very high success rate and are a long term solution to tooth loss.
Find a Dentist in Albany, NY
For more information about dental implants and how they can help to restore your smile and oral health after tooth loss, contact Rose Dental Associates by calling (518) 456-7673 to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists today.
Family dentists provide excellent care for every member of your household. The Albany, NJ, family dentists at Rose Dental Associates care for your family's smiles with services and treatments that help you maintain good oral health.
What are the advantages of visiting a family dentist?
Family dental practices offer several important benefits, including:
- Convenience: In some families, mom and dad see the same dentist, grandma has her own dentist, and the kids see a pediatric dentist. If you're the designated dental appointment chauffeur, you've probably become accustomed to driving all over Albany visiting your family's various dentists. When everyone in your home sees the same family dentist, you can schedule group checkups instead and save your paid time off for other things.
- No Need to Ever Switch Dentists: Kids eventually age out of pediatric dental practices and must find new dentists. Unfortunately, finding a new dentist may not be a priority for young adults. If they begin to skip checkups, their oral health may suffer. Family dentists treat patients of all ages and continue to care for your child's teeth throughout his entire life.
- Familiarity: One of the benefits of visiting a family dental practice is the strong relationship you'll develop with your dentist. You'll feel comfortable bringing up both minor and major concerns when you've visited the same dentist for years and have come to know and trust him or her.
- Less Dental Anxiety for Kids: Young children can become a little overwhelmed when visiting dental offices. Family dentists and their staff understand dental fears and strive to make the experience pleasant and stress-free for their youngest patients (or anyone with dental anxiety). Your children may also feel less anxiety when they see you undergoing your exam during a group dental appointment.
- All of the Services You Need: Family dentists receive training in all facets of dentistry and are skilled at treating toddlers through senior citizens. Your family dentist can repair your mother's cracked tooth with a crown and identify growth and development issues in your pre-schooler's jaw. The dentists offer a range of services, including checkups, dental cleanings, fillings, sealants, root canals, crowns, bridges, veneers, teeth whitening, dentures, and dental implants.
Keep your family's smiles bright and healthy with a visit to your Albany, NY, family dentist. Call the dentists at Rose Dental Associates at (518) 456-7673 to schedule an appointment.
Are you interested in getting professional teeth whitening in Albany, NY?
Tired of having a smile that has lost its radiance and pizzazz? Find yourself scratching your head looking at all the over-the-counter whitening products trying to figure out if any of them actually give you the results they say they do? If you are looking to get fast, effective whitening results, then put down that commercial whitening kit and turn to our Albany, NY, dentists at Rose Dental Associates.
Tell me about professional teeth whitening…
Professional teeth whitening works in much the same way as the commercial whitening products that you can get from your local pharmacy; however, the main difference is that professional teeth whitening doesn’t have to sit on teeth nearly as long in order to get the results you want. How does this happen?
Well, the whitening gel we use contains an active ingredient that is known to go through the enamel layers and break up stain molecules. The active ingredient is usually either carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide. While one of these active ingredients is found in over-the-counter whitening products too, there is a significantly higher concentration of this ingredient in our in-office whitening gel.
The higher concentration means that we only have to leave the gel on your teeth for a short period of time (usually no more than 15 minutes at a time) in order to get the ideal results. During the course of your in-office whitening treatment, our Albany, NY, cosmetic dentist will typically apply the gel, leave it on for several minutes, remove the gel and then repeat this process a couple more times. Once your whitening is complete, we will consult the shade guide to show you just how much whiter we were able to get your smile.
What are the benefits of getting professional whitening?
As you might be able to tell, one of the biggest benefits is that you will get visible results in a very short time frame. Those who have a special occasion coming up may need whiter results fast and can’t rely on commercial whitening products to do the trick. This is where our professional whitening system is superior. In about one hour we could get your smile five shades (or more) whiter!
Of course, if you have been whitening from home you may not realize that there are always risks, whether you are using over-the-counter products or a DIY treatment. Why not turn to our dentist who has been specially trained to whiten your smile safely without the potential risks?
The dentists at Rose Dental Associates in Albany, NY, pride themselves in offering comprehensive, tailored dental care to every patient that walks through our doors. No matter whether you want to get teeth whitening or you are dealing with a dental emergency, we are there to help you.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.