"We Love To See You Smile!"
Dental implants keep your smile whole by filling in any gaps caused by missing teeth. In addition to keeping your smile whole, dental implants also provide support for the muscles of the face, help distribute biting and chewing functions across a full set of teeth, and restore speech, which can be affected by gaps in your smile. A dentist can help you decide if dental implants are the right option for you. The dentists and staff at Rose Dental Associates are your dental professionals for dental implants in Albany, NY.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small metal posts that are used to anchor artificial teeth in place. Dental implants can be used to replace just one tooth or many. When replacing one tooth at a time, a dental crown is placed on top of the dental implant. When several teeth are being replaced at once, multiple dental implants are needed and are topped with a dental bridge or an implant-supported overdenture. An Albany dentist for dental implants can discuss which combination of dental implants and artificial teeth is best for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants
The benefits of dental implants extend beyond keeping your smile whole by replacing missing teeth and filling in gaps. Several problems can develop when teeth are missing. One potential problem is that your speech can change due to the gaps in your smile. The teeth help direct tongue placement when speaking. If there are gaps in your smile, the tongue can slip through those gaps and change the way you speak. Filling in the gaps with dental implants and artificial teeth can restore your normal speech.
Another problem that can develop when teeth are missing is sagging and drooping of the cheeks. The teeth provide support for facial muscles. Without enough teeth to support those muscles, they can droop and sag. Drooping and sagging changes the natural shape of the face and can cause you to appear older. Keeping your smile whole with dental implants helps provide adequate support for facial muscles, which can prevent sagging and drooping.
Keeping your smile whole with dental implants also has the added benefit of reducing strain on the teeth that had been compensating for missing ones. A full set of teeth helps distribute biting and chewing functions across all those teeth. When teeth are missing, the remaining teeth end up taking on more work and sustaining more wear and tear. Replacing missing teeth with dental implants and artificial teeth helps take the added strain off the remaining natural teeth.
Keep your smile whole with dental implants. A dentist can help you decide if they are right for you. For dental implants in Albany, contact Rose Dental Associates at (518) 456-7673.
Versatile veneers brighten your smile, conceal imperfections, and even change the shape of your teeth. Rose Dental Associates offers veneers at their Albany, NY, office.—read on to learn more!
Veneers Offer a Simple Solution
Veneers are tooth-shaped porcelain shells that are attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. Unlike some cosmetic dentistry restorations, veneers don't require extensive dental work. In fact, preparation is minimal!
Your Albany dentist will simply remove a small amount of tooth enamel from your teeth during the first step in the process. Removing the enamel ensures that your new veneers fit correctly and feel comfortable. Next, your veneers will be constructed from an impression of your teeth in order to create a custom fit. This process takes a couple of weeks and must be done at a lab, but once they come back, your dentist will bond them to your front teeth, and you will be the proud owner of a beautiful new smile!
Veneers Improve Several Smile Issues
Thanks to veneers, minor imperfections that mar your smile are kept out of a view. They're the ideal option if you have a small chip or crack in your tooth, but can also be used to cover bumpy or uneven surfaces. Other uses for veneers include:
- Closing Gaps Between Teeth: Do you have a slight gap between your front teeth? If you feel a little self-conscious about the space between your teeth, it's easy to conceal the gap simply by adding veneers to them. Although veneers are a good solution if you have a slight space between teeth, orthodontic treatment may be a better option for larger ones.
- Fixing Oddly Shaped Teeth: Teeth aren't always uniform in appearance. Unfortunately, even one strangely shaped tooth can distract from your otherwise perfect smile. Veneers transform crooked, pointed, and twisted teeth, creating a more even (and attractive) smile.
- Brightening Your Smile: Teeth whitening has its limitations, and whitened teeth can quickly become stained again if you indulge in coffee, wine, or other darkly pigmented beverages and foods. Veneers are available in many shades of white and are very resistant to stains, making them an excellent choice if you would like a whiter smile.
Interested? Give Us a Call!
Transform your smile with dental veneers! Call Rose Dental Associates' Albany office at (518) 456-7673 to schedule an appointment today!
Have dental stains darkened and dulled your smile? Have over-the-counter teeth whitening products rendered disappointing results? At Rose Dental Associates, your professional dentists and their support staff offer the finest cosmetic dentistry services in Albany. Teeth whitening is one of the most popular treatments available today—could it rejuvenate your smile too?
What happened to your teeth?
They're not as bright and white as they once were. How can that be? You brush, floss, and get your routine cleanings at Rose Dental Associates. Still, you're often hiding your smile when you laugh and smile in public.
Dental stains vary in cause and intensity. The easiest to treat is what dentists and hygienists call extrinsic stains, and they're caused by dark foods, highly-pigmented beverages, and tobacco usage (both cigarettes and smokeless tobacco).
At Rose Dental Associates, your team of four dentists offer in-office teeth whitening treatments. Using highly concentrated hydrogen peroxide gel, these one-hour treatments lift organic matter right out of tooth surfaces before your dentist simply rinses it away.
Do you qualify?
Your dentist at Rose Dental Associates in Albany will examine your teeth and gums first before recommending teeth whitening or any other cosmetic dental treatment. After a complete oral examination, your dentist may advise whitening to brighten your enamel by several shades of color.
The whitening process
It all happens right in the dental chair. Your lips and tongue will be protected with a plastic dam while your dentist applies the bleaching gel to all tooth surfaces. This process is repeated a few times, and after an hour or so, whitening is complete. Afterward, patients are amazed at the dramatic results!
Keeping it bright
Teeth whitening is today's most sought-after aesthetic treatment in dental offices all over the country. This popularity is due to the procedure's fast, spectacular smile improvement and affordable cost.
After treatment, you can keep that fabulous smile white by brushing and flossing daily, getting professional cleanings every six months, limiting staining dietary choices (coffee, tea, curry, soy sauce) and stopping all tobacco usage.
If you're interested in an effective, safe change in your smile aesthetics, why not contact Rose Dental Associates' Albany office today for a cosmetic dentistry consultation? Talk over your goals with your dentist, and together, you can achieve your best smile! Call (518) 456-7673.
Most people think of missing teeth as a cosmetic problem. And while it is true that living with any degree of tooth loss can have a profound effect on your social life, professional prospects, and self esteem, tooth loss can also damage your oral health. The dentists at Rose Dental Associates in Albany, NY, recommend dental implants for healthy adults looking for a comprehensive dental restoration that addresses the cosmetic and oral health issues caused by tooth loss.
Improve Your Smile and Oral Health with Dental Implants in Albany, NY
Dental implants consist of two parts: the implant and the cosmetic crown. In the first step, the dentist will surgically place the implant, a titanium biocompatible screw, in the socket of the missing tooth. The implant eventually fuses to the surrounding bone tissue in the gums through a process known as osseointegration, which secures the implant in place and helps to preserve bone density. Why does this matter? Bone loss is a major component of gum disease, which is still a leading cause of tooth loss according to the American Dental Association (ADA).
After a short healing period, the cosmetic crown is attached to the implant to complete the restoration. An implant can be used to replace a single tooth, or to support an entire set of dentures with just a few implants. Once in place they look, function and feel just like a natural tooth. Like natural teeth, implants require consistent oral hygiene and follow up dental care. With proper care, implants have a very high success rate and are a long term solution to tooth loss.
Find a Dentist in Albany, NY
For more information about dental implants and how they can help to restore your smile and oral health after tooth loss, contact Rose Dental Associates by calling (518) 456-7673 to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists today.
Family dentists provide excellent care for every member of your household. The Albany, NJ, family dentists at Rose Dental Associates care for your family's smiles with services and treatments that help you maintain good oral health.
What are the advantages of visiting a family dentist?
Family dental practices offer several important benefits, including:
- Convenience: In some families, mom and dad see the same dentist, grandma has her own dentist, and the kids see a pediatric dentist. If you're the designated dental appointment chauffeur, you've probably become accustomed to driving all over Albany visiting your family's various dentists. When everyone in your home sees the same family dentist, you can schedule group checkups instead and save your paid time off for other things.
- No Need to Ever Switch Dentists: Kids eventually age out of pediatric dental practices and must find new dentists. Unfortunately, finding a new dentist may not be a priority for young adults. If they begin to skip checkups, their oral health may suffer. Family dentists treat patients of all ages and continue to care for your child's teeth throughout his entire life.
- Familiarity: One of the benefits of visiting a family dental practice is the strong relationship you'll develop with your dentist. You'll feel comfortable bringing up both minor and major concerns when you've visited the same dentist for years and have come to know and trust him or her.
- Less Dental Anxiety for Kids: Young children can become a little overwhelmed when visiting dental offices. Family dentists and their staff understand dental fears and strive to make the experience pleasant and stress-free for their youngest patients (or anyone with dental anxiety). Your children may also feel less anxiety when they see you undergoing your exam during a group dental appointment.
- All of the Services You Need: Family dentists receive training in all facets of dentistry and are skilled at treating toddlers through senior citizens. Your family dentist can repair your mother's cracked tooth with a crown and identify growth and development issues in your pre-schooler's jaw. The dentists offer a range of services, including checkups, dental cleanings, fillings, sealants, root canals, crowns, bridges, veneers, teeth whitening, dentures, and dental implants.
Keep your family's smiles bright and healthy with a visit to your Albany, NY, family dentist. Call the dentists at Rose Dental Associates at (518) 456-7673 to schedule an appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.