"We Love To See You Smile!"
Most people think of missing teeth as a cosmetic problem. And while it is true that living with any degree of tooth loss can have a profound effect on your social life, professional prospects, and self esteem, tooth loss can also damage your oral health. The dentists at Rose Dental Associates in Albany, NY, recommend dental implants for healthy adults looking for a comprehensive dental restoration that addresses the cosmetic and oral health issues caused by tooth loss.
Improve Your Smile and Oral Health with Dental Implants in Albany, NY
Dental implants consist of two parts: the implant and the cosmetic crown. In the first step, the dentist will surgically place the implant, a titanium biocompatible screw, in the socket of the missing tooth. The implant eventually fuses to the surrounding bone tissue in the gums through a process known as osseointegration, which secures the implant in place and helps to preserve bone density. Why does this matter? Bone loss is a major component of gum disease, which is still a leading cause of tooth loss according to the American Dental Association (ADA).
After a short healing period, the cosmetic crown is attached to the implant to complete the restoration. An implant can be used to replace a single tooth, or to support an entire set of dentures with just a few implants. Once in place they look, function and feel just like a natural tooth. Like natural teeth, implants require consistent oral hygiene and follow up dental care. With proper care, implants have a very high success rate and are a long term solution to tooth loss.
Find a Dentist in Albany, NY
For more information about dental implants and how they can help to restore your smile and oral health after tooth loss, contact Rose Dental Associates by calling (518) 456-7673 to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists today.
Family dentists provide excellent care for every member of your household. The Albany, NJ, family dentists at Rose Dental Associates care for your family's smiles with services and treatments that help you maintain good oral health.
What are the advantages of visiting a family dentist?
Family dental practices offer several important benefits, including:
- Convenience: In some families, mom and dad see the same dentist, grandma has her own dentist, and the kids see a pediatric dentist. If you're the designated dental appointment chauffeur, you've probably become accustomed to driving all over Albany visiting your family's various dentists. When everyone in your home sees the same family dentist, you can schedule group checkups instead and save your paid time off for other things.
- No Need to Ever Switch Dentists: Kids eventually age out of pediatric dental practices and must find new dentists. Unfortunately, finding a new dentist may not be a priority for young adults. If they begin to skip checkups, their oral health may suffer. Family dentists treat patients of all ages and continue to care for your child's teeth throughout his entire life.
- Familiarity: One of the benefits of visiting a family dental practice is the strong relationship you'll develop with your dentist. You'll feel comfortable bringing up both minor and major concerns when you've visited the same dentist for years and have come to know and trust him or her.
- Less Dental Anxiety for Kids: Young children can become a little overwhelmed when visiting dental offices. Family dentists and their staff understand dental fears and strive to make the experience pleasant and stress-free for their youngest patients (or anyone with dental anxiety). Your children may also feel less anxiety when they see you undergoing your exam during a group dental appointment.
- All of the Services You Need: Family dentists receive training in all facets of dentistry and are skilled at treating toddlers through senior citizens. Your family dentist can repair your mother's cracked tooth with a crown and identify growth and development issues in your pre-schooler's jaw. The dentists offer a range of services, including checkups, dental cleanings, fillings, sealants, root canals, crowns, bridges, veneers, teeth whitening, dentures, and dental implants.
Keep your family's smiles bright and healthy with a visit to your Albany, NY, family dentist. Call the dentists at Rose Dental Associates at (518) 456-7673 to schedule an appointment.
Are you interested in getting professional teeth whitening in Albany, NY?
Tired of having a smile that has lost its radiance and pizzazz? Find yourself scratching your head looking at all the over-the-counter whitening products trying to figure out if any of them actually give you the results they say they do? If you are looking to get fast, effective whitening results, then put down that commercial whitening kit and turn to our Albany, NY, dentists at Rose Dental Associates.
Tell me about professional teeth whitening…
Professional teeth whitening works in much the same way as the commercial whitening products that you can get from your local pharmacy; however, the main difference is that professional teeth whitening doesn’t have to sit on teeth nearly as long in order to get the results you want. How does this happen?
Well, the whitening gel we use contains an active ingredient that is known to go through the enamel layers and break up stain molecules. The active ingredient is usually either carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide. While one of these active ingredients is found in over-the-counter whitening products too, there is a significantly higher concentration of this ingredient in our in-office whitening gel.
The higher concentration means that we only have to leave the gel on your teeth for a short period of time (usually no more than 15 minutes at a time) in order to get the ideal results. During the course of your in-office whitening treatment, our Albany, NY, cosmetic dentist will typically apply the gel, leave it on for several minutes, remove the gel and then repeat this process a couple more times. Once your whitening is complete, we will consult the shade guide to show you just how much whiter we were able to get your smile.
What are the benefits of getting professional whitening?
As you might be able to tell, one of the biggest benefits is that you will get visible results in a very short time frame. Those who have a special occasion coming up may need whiter results fast and can’t rely on commercial whitening products to do the trick. This is where our professional whitening system is superior. In about one hour we could get your smile five shades (or more) whiter!
Of course, if you have been whitening from home you may not realize that there are always risks, whether you are using over-the-counter products or a DIY treatment. Why not turn to our dentist who has been specially trained to whiten your smile safely without the potential risks?
The dentists at Rose Dental Associates in Albany, NY, pride themselves in offering comprehensive, tailored dental care to every patient that walks through our doors. No matter whether you want to get teeth whitening or you are dealing with a dental emergency, we are there to help you.
Looking at the gap in your smile caused by tooth loss in the mirror everyday can be demotivating. A large gap, especially at the front, can cause you to lose confidence in your overall appearance. Don’t despair and give up on your smile—see a dentist to talk about solutions. You may be able to close the gap by getting a dental implant at Rose Dental Associates in Albany, NY.
It Can Be Difficult Living with a Smile Gap
If you have recently experienced tooth loss or an extraction, you now know how distressing it can be to live with this dental issue. The gap makes it harder to eat, smile, and communicate with others in social environments. A large space in the smile also puts the rest of your teeth at risk of shifting out of place, which could create orthodontic problems.
A Dental Implant Will Fill the Gap
While some people opt for dentures, which are removable, to fill small gaps in their teeth, many patients are now interested in dental implants. A dental implant not only fills the gap above the gum line, but also the space that’s left open below the gum line. Your Albany dentist can install a dental implant and crown in about two or three appointments.
Keeping Your Implant Healthy
The process of having an implant installed (including the healing period) can take several months. Once this process is complete you’ll want to do everything possible to ensure that your implanted tooth and the rest of your mouth stays healthy. Here are a few tips for keeping your implant for as long as possible:
- Take extra care to brush and floss around the base of the implanted tooth to avoid plaque buildup.
- Get your teeth checked at least twice a year for signs of gingivitis. Ask for a deep cleaning or scaling and root planing session if necessary.
- Eat a diet rich in calcium (for healthy bone tissue), Vitamin A, C, D, and potassium.
Let a Dental Implant Close Your Smile Gap
Don’t allow too much time to pass when you have a gap due to a missing tooth. Call Rose Dental Associates in Albany, NY at (518) 456-7673 today to talk about dental implants.
Young children, teenagers, adults, and senior adults in your home all have different dental needs, but it can be difficult to choose an individual dentist for each person. You may wonder if it is possible to have one dentist for the whole family. The answer is yes when you go to Rose Dental Associates, a family dentist office in Albany, NY.
The Benefits of One Family Dentist
As is the case with any medical practitioner, you want the family to get comfortable with a common dentist who understands and can treat all of your family’s dental concerns. Also, when you have one family dentist, you may be able to schedule appointments at the same time. This is particularly helpful if you have children who are nervous about going in for cleanings and treatments. You can show them how important it is to be brave when they go to the dentist for regular appointments.
Dental Treatments for the Family
Here are some of the most common dental treatments that may be recommended by your Albany family dentist for you and your loved ones:
- Kids (fluoride treatments, sealants, cavity fillings, and dental emergencies from playing sports)
- Teens (braces, fillings, individual crowns for too-small teeth)
- Adults (dental implants, crowns, veneers, Invisalign, teeth whitening, and root canal therapy for tooth decay)
- Seniors (dentures, bridges, and periodontal gum therapy to keep gum disease at bay)
Set Up a Consultation at Rose Dental Associates
You and your loved ones need a family dentist that you can all count on no matter what dental problems arise. Call (518) 456-7673 today to schedule an appointment at Rose Dental Associates in Albany, NY.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.